Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Bus Ticket Motivation

Everyday for three years, I rode the bus to work. And everyday, I kept every single bus ticket to serve as a reminder of my goal that someday I won't need to. 

For three years, I spent most of my time in the office, working with a wonderful team in producing top-notch advertising materials. It was nice. I became more creative. I learned a lot and survived all the pressure thrown at me (thank God!). It was fun...but my hands were itching to do something else. 

My dream is to be a full-time crafter. I want to wake up and go to my work studio everyday and be greeted good morning by wood, paper, clay, and tools! Nothing compares to the fulfillment of working with my hands, not even swiping through the latest iPhone. It's amazing, really. What I make is purely mine. I own it and it feels great! 

I'm excited to say that I'm one step closer to my goal. I recently took the leap of faith and followed the leading of my hands. I traded the stability of a full-time job with freelance work so I can have more time to focus on my crafts. I'm still far away from mastering a specific medium or owning a technique, but I'm happy that I'm on my way there.   

The time has finally come. Now, I don't need to ride the bus anymore! But I'm thankful for the humanity that every single ride taught me, and this is what I treasure the most. 

So to remind me of where I was and where I want to be, I preserved the bus tickets I've collected through the years and made this two-sided coin plate.  
         

FRONT

BACK



From riding the bus to the office......to going around the world to produce beautiful craft pieces:)









2 comments:

  1. Wow, love what you did with that coin holder. The back-to-back designs really complement each other. Are you selling your crafts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks crazyoctopus! As of now, I'm only selling my clay magnets, but I'm open for commissioned work.

      Delete